Thursday 13 May 2021, 6.00pm - 9.00pm
Facilitated by Luke Higgins (Optometrist) & Devina Binell (Aboriginal Health Educator), GPEx and Country SA PHN are proud to deliver an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Eye Pathologies - Common Presentations workshop in Murray Bridge.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify four eye conditions more commonly seen within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander polulation (cataract, diabetic, retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy, trachoma).
- List appropriate practical examination techniques and assessments of eye health
- Discuss the identification and management goals for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Implement appropriate and timely management strategies including referral along local pathways
- Contextualise the education activity in current National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health initiatives, including Closing the Gap initiative and Practice Incentives Program Indigenous Health Incentive (PIP IHI)
GPEx gratefully acknowledges the financial and other support from Country SA PHN