Sunday 27 June 2021, 9.00am - 5.00pm
This workshop aims to increase health professionals’ skill and confidence in taking a detailed suicide history and developing a collaborative management plan to increase the safety of people planning suicide. The workshop provides practical tools for health professionals managing the full spectrum of suicide risk presentations including the acute suicidal crisis, care after a suicide attempt and assisting families experiencing suicide bereavement.
Rural Procedural Grants Program. This workshop is eligible for one day of funding under the Emergency Medicine component of the Rural Procedural Grants Program (GPs)
• Undertake a suicide risk assessment effectively.
• Develop a collaborative safety plan.
• Implement a team approach to treatment planning.
• Provide effective management following a suicide attempt.
• Respond to the needs of people bereaved by suicide.