Saturday 23 October 2021, 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Identify the interrelationship between depression and problem alcohol use
- Delineate the use of pharmacological and psychological treatments in the management of co-morbid depression and problem alcohol use
- Recognise common presentations of late life depression
- Undertake screening for depression in the elderly patient
- List the common factors that underpin difficult to treat depression
- Use a systemic based approach to work through treatment options for the patient with difficult to treat depression
- The assessment and management strategies explored in the program are utilised to develop meaningful Mental Health Treatment Plans encompassing the unique context and needs of the individual.