Friday 17 September 2021, 9.30am - 2.30pm
The Foundations of LGBTI Inclusion training is a half-day (4-hour) workshop that gives participants an overview of the knowledge needed to create an inclusive workplace.
This course covers topics such as gender diversity, inclusive language and anti-discrimination laws. We look at key areas of focus for increasing awareness and cultural sensitivity, creating a safe and inclusive environment and where to access further resources and support.
On completion of this workshop participants will have:
- A clear understanding of the definitions and concepts behind LGBTI communities
- An awareness of one’s own assumptions, values and beliefs about LGBTI people
- An understanding of how homophobia and transphobia impact upon the health and wellbeing of LGBTI people, and their access to services
- Knowledge of anti-discrimination laws in SA (and recourse)
- The skills to create and promote a safe and inclusive environment in the workplace for LGBTI people
- An understanding of how to use inclusive and respectful language
- An understanding of the intersections between LGBTI and other identities
- Knowledge of where to find further resources and support services