Tuesday 26 July 2022, 6.00pm (registration) 6.30pm - 9.00pm (workshop)
Who should attend: GPs, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Pharmacists, Dieticians, Podiatrists and others involved in the care of older people.
Funded by Country SA PHN
Dr Chris Bollen and Jane Bollen RN will lead you through an interactive workshop to:
- CHALLENGE your assumptions about ageing
- HELP you work more effectively with older people and
- ASSIST you to keep people well at home
- Recognise the concept of frailty and its complications
- Learn to use an evidence-based screening tool to recognise older people with, or at risk of frailty
- Understand the treatment options / referral pathways for frailty which can assist with reducing further decline and supporting and older person to live at home independently.
- Share ways of incorporating frailty assessment into everyday encounters in primary care.