Wednesday 30 June 2021, 8.45am - 4.00pm
This one-day brief intervention “Gold Card —SA” training is for clinicians actively working in a therapeutic context with consumers. It builds on the foundation skills training and aims to improve clinicians skills in assessment and diagnosis of BPD and skills to treat the disorder using a brief intervention model, in addition to highlighting key factors in risk management for people with BPD.
This is a practical workshop with demonstrations, role plays and hands-on skill building.
As a consequence of this training participants will:
- be grounded in the latest research and updates on assessment and diagnostic systems for BPD including screening, self-report measures and semi-structured interviews
- appraise chronic and acute risk presentations in people with BPD
- enhance skills in clinical formulation and treatment planning in a brief intervention context
- develop skills in the application of the evidence-based brief intervention for personality disorder treatment, including detail of each of the 4 sessions
- develop an understanding of the key considerations in engaging carers and providing the carer session
- be introduced to the brief intervention clinic business rules, procedures and processes for site implementation
- further develop skills in reflective practice and self care.