Wednesday 22 September 2021, 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Facilitated by Dr Rowan Valentine (Paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist) & Devina Binell (Aboriginal Health Educator), GPEx and Country SA PHN are proud to deliver a Management of Ear Health in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children Workshop in Port Pirie
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of early detection of Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children
- Explain the key features and recommended management for Otitis Media with Effusion
- Describe the contemporary management of Acute Otitis Media
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose and manage Cholesteatoma including the safe co-management of patients between the GP and ENT Specialist.
- Contextualise the education activity in current National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health initiatives, including Closing the Gap initiative and Practice Incentives Program Indigenous Health Incentive (PIP IHI).