Wednesday 19 May 2021, 3.30pm - 5.00pm (ACST)
This webinar will provide rural GPs with an overview of STIs in pregnancy and will discuss screening, management and tools for clinicians.
This webinar will be presented by Dr Carole Khaw, Senior Consultant Sexual Health Physician at Adelaide Sexual Health Centre and Clinical Senior Lecturer at The University of Adelaide.
This webinar will:
- cover the importance of screening for STIs during pregnancy
- highlight the particular STIs to be aware of during pregnancy
- discuss these respective STIs as they relate to pregnancy: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, trichomoniasis and syphilis
- discuss the current syphilis outbreak in Australia as it relates to pregnancy and importance of increased testing for at-risk population groups
- cover screening of blood-borne viruses in pregnancy
- discuss herpes as it relates to pregnancy
This event is made possible through funding from Country SA PHN.