The South Australian Intellectual Disability Health Service (SAIDHS), formerly known as the Centre for Disability Health, is a state-wide, specialised health service funded by SA Health.
- Multidisciplinary medical and mental health assessment and consultation for adults with an intellectual disability and complex needs to support ongoing care in the community
- Clinical support and advice for GPs and specialists who provide care to people with an intellectual disability
Services are provided at the SAIDHS clinic located at Ingle Farm, or via telehealth. Home visits are also available based on clinical need and service capacity.
The new SAIDHS website provides further service information and resources including:
- Eligibility criteria and referral templates to import into your practice management software
- Information on annual health assessments for people with intellectual disabilities
- My Health Information (for when I go to hospital) document (free download) to support people with intellectual disabilities to communicate their needs and preferences when accessing hospital care
These resources are available via the SAIDHS Website (Clinician Landing Page)
You can also call us on 8257 7300 or email us HealthSAIDHS@sa.gov.au