This course considers the importance of exercise for overall health and introduces subsequent behaviour-change strategies specific to the adoption of exercise as a regular part of their lifestyle. It highlights the supporting role of Accredited Exercise Physiologists in assisting patients to establish an exercise program best suited to their needs.
At the end of the three learning modules, participants will:
- Describe how exercise can be used to prevent and manage patient chronic conditions
- Describe behaviour-change strategies specific to adoption of physical activity
- Recognise the importance of graded exercise therapy in relation to patient safety
- Recall key aspects of the Australian Physical Activity Guidelines
- Outline existing physical activity assessment tools in medical software including Medical Director and Best Practice