My Aged Care services now available face-to-face

Older Australians now have more ways to find out about My Aged Care services. They can access general information about government-funded aged care services in person in all Services Australia service centres.

In some service centres people can get more specialised aged care support from Aged Care Specialist Officers (ACSOs). They can help with:

  • providing in-depth information on the different types of aged care services
  • checking if someone is eligible for government-funded services and making a referral for an aged care assessment
  • providing financial information about aged care services
  • helping appoint a representative for My Aged Care
  • connecting people to local support services.

By 31 December 2022 there will be ACSOs in 80 service centres. Some of these ACSOs will also provide mobile services in rural and regional areas.

This face-to-face service is in addition to the existing My Aged Care channels.

People can access these services either: or by calling My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

To find out more about Aged Care Specialist Officers, including their locations, go to

Share this article